Silk Painting Contest 2018
Topics of the Silk Painting Contest 2018
Subject "Les Fleurs façon Art Nouveau..."
Make up a scarf with Flowers with the Style of the Art nouveau (artistic Movement of the end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th which leans on the esthetics of curved lines)
This contest is open to all
Scarves must always be made as portable elements offering multiple combinations of bends.
Silk painting techniques and paint style are free, but must keep the silk visible and soft (avoid if possible acrylic paints)
Dimensions: 90 cm x 90 cm
Scarves must be fixed (can Aubijoux fixing by € 2.70 TTC and € 3.35 as tax for pre-rolled)
Hand rolled or buzzed (Aubijoux can do bourdonnage € 3.90 TTC)
Subjet "The Child..."
Choosen by the users: see the results of our internet poll
Make up a picture having for main theme the Child....
This contest is open to all
Doors must be shown in a painting table on silk.
Type of silk is free Silk painting techniques and paint style are free
Dimensions 50 cm X 70 cm (+ 5 cm on all 4 sides of the table for exhibition)
Tables should be set (Aubijoux can do the fixing by 2.00 Euros TTC)
20 € for 1 item, 10 € for the second one.
Check made payable to "Montfaucon en Soie".
COMMON RULES APPLING WITH THE BOTH SUBJECTS
The work carried out on this theme must be an original creation and have never participated in any other contest. (If you inspire you of any other work show that you have changed)
- All painting techniques are allowed. (The silk must be visible)
- Dimensions Respect is important.
- The artwork must be original: copies will exclude
If you inspire you of any other work show that you have changed, say us the name of the author and send us a photo
- The artwork must not be framed or signed (if include any of these it will exclude)
- The artworks receiving deadline must not be later than April 25, 2018.
- The number of artworks of the competition is limited by 100 and the allowed number of artworks is 3 artworks per person in total, but only one work per category and candidate will be rewarded.
- The jury will be composed of independent artists.
- The artworks will be exhibited during the Festival from 9 to 12 May 2018 in the village hall of Montfaucon.
Responsibility of artworks protection is on artist who can do, if he/she wishes to provide. The organizers have no responsibility for any loss, theft or damage of entrusted artworks. Registration in competition in condition of acceptance of full rules and choices by jury and the decision of the Jury is non-negotiable.
- Sponsors define their price as well as the prizes offered.
- The works will be returned to their authors after the awards ceremony. Unclaimed works will be back to their owners at their own expense and risk. All applicants will receive on this occasion the results of competition.
- The award Aubijoux : 1 gift card 300 Euros, 1 of 120 Euros, 2 of 50 Euros et 2 of 30 Euros for "Scarves Competition"
- The award of the association Montfaucon en Soie: 1 gift card 300 Euros, 1 of 120 Euros, 2 of 50 Euros et 2 of 30 Eurosfor "Tables Competition".
- The awards of companies (H. Dupont), Ateliers Créatifs (Knazieff), Marabu, Manet, and with the participation and assistance of the town of Montfaucon
The award ceremony will take place Saturday, May 12 2018 à 6:00 p.m. in the village hall of Montfaucon.
Following this, a reception open to all will be served.
It will be followed for those who wish, a closing dinner in a friendly atmosphere.
Hope to see everyone participate again.
See you soon !